2007 has been a great year! We traveled to Ireland, and I got to at least 9 other states (NH, MA, DE, NJ, NY, CA, IN, DC, IL). Two of my uncles got married, plus a cousin, Trav's brother and two sets of friends. Our friend Bri became a daddy. We went to a few hockey games, a baseball game, a football game (two for Trav), I reconnected with an old high school friend, and cut my hair. I turned 25, Trav & I celebrated one year of marriage/7 years together, and the quads moved to Boston. We fixed up our bathroom some.
1. What did you do in 2007 that you had never done before?
Travel internationally with my hubby!
2. Did you keep your new years resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Hmm... sort of. I did declutter some, but not as I had hoped. So far I haven't made a resolution for next year, and I'm not sure that I will. Maybe its better to not and just attempt to be the best me I can be?!
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes! Brian and Stacey had their beautiful baby boy!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No, we were lucky this year.
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?
A less cluttered and more "us" house. A better job.
7. What dates from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Fall '07 and our trip to Ireland.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Hmm, I'm not sure. Maybe just enjoying life so much. It was a really good year.
9. What was your biggest failure?
I don't like to think about things as failures.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Ugh, so sick after Halloween... but otherwise, we were lucky again.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Well, i didn't buy it (got it as a gift), but I'm super excited for new ink!
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Hmm, is this like who gets a gold star? Most of my family, all of my "thick and thin" friends, and definitely my husband.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Nothing personal, but there were definitely a few appalling news items.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Paying down house stuff.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Our friend's weddings, our trip to Ireland.
16. What song will always remind you of 2007?
Hmm... maybe "Umbrella".
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer?
a) Maybe a little happier, in general life is very good.
b) Hmm... hopefully a little thinner!
c) Richer I think.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Exercise... house fix ups.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Let things I can't control get me down.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
With my wonderful family and amazing in-laws.
21. Did you fall in love in 2007?
I fell more in love... if that counts.
Hm, 22 is missing.
23. What was your favorite TV program?
House, CSI, NCIS, and Scrubs.
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Hate is a waste of time.
25. What was the best book you read?
The last Harry Potter book... so sad its over!
Lots of random "little guy" artists.
27. What did you want and get?
New ink (well, technically I'm getting it in '08 since my appt is next weekend... but I got the means for christmas)!
28. What did you want and not get?
A new job and a new house... lol.
29. What was your favorite film this year?
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I was 25... we had a great dinner at Morimoto's and celebrated with some friends.
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Not too much except for maybe getting more house stuff done.
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?
Casual business comfort.
My husband, family, friends... I'm a lucky girl.
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
You know I still love me some Angie.
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
36. Who did you miss?
Hmm... no one really.
37. Who was the best new person you met?
Don't know that I met new people, but I've definitely gotten closer to some people this year, which was nice.
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007.
That sometimes you have to relax and let life take you where it will... to can't control everything and sometimes it's best to know when to let go.