In no particular order, 2008 has contained the following:
- Elected the first non-WASP president!
- Walked 60 miles for Breast Cancer... and over 500 miles preparing for it.
- Travel to NY, Chattanooga, Cape Cod, Las Vegas, and Cabo San Lucas!
- Got a new tattoo, my biggest yet.
- Saw the musical, Spring Awakening and heard the Dalai Lama speak.
- Paid off our Home Equity line and my car.
- Killed my phone walking in a tropical storm.
- A broken leg and one trip to the emergency room for stitches ( = a total of 6 stitches, 9 staples, 4 screws and 1 plate)! Lived with Willy for a week.
- Ro's Pregnant!! And its a girl!!
- Two weddings and a baptism.
- Hosted a baby shower. And a holiday meal.
- Attended a football game and a hockey game.
- We said goodbye to Heath Ledger, Paul Newman, Bernie Mac, Charles Heston, Estelle Getty, George Carlin, Isaac Hayes, Roy Scheider, Bettie Paige, Michael Crichton, Bo Diddley, Sydney Pollack, and Yves Saint Laurent. Two of my friends also lost their fathers.
- Redid the guest bedroom and our front flower bed.
- Saw Philadelphia win a sports championship for the first time in 25 years! Attended the celebratory parade.
- The Eagles make the playoffs!!
- Found out we are getting a puppy, Daisy, in January!
I absolutely can't wait to see what 2009 holds for us.
There is a puppy, at least one wedding, at least one birth, and more travels to look forward too.
Babs and I were talking when she was down. For her, 2008 was a year of trials... she had a nasty breakup, financial strain, the loss of a job, and the disappointment of another job falling through. But for her 2009 will be a year of transition... most likely moving to California for 5 months for a new endevour, then to Seattle for about 3 years to start a Master's. Hopefully, this means a much brighter year... and the paving of the way for her to have great years to come.
For us, I think 2008 was a year of preperation. We worked to improve our debt situation (we now have only good depts!!) and update/upgrade our house into a home (still a work in progress, but one big project done). I think 2009 will be a year of family growth, and continuing improvements. Wish us luck. I'm excited for all thats in store.
As for actual plans. We're playing it low-key this year... just the two of us, relaxing at home. I'll watch the ball drop on TV (Trav might, or he might fall asleep!), and we'll find ourselves in the new year. I'm not making any resolutions either. I'm just going to continue to do my best to be the best me that I can. Have fun, be safe!