fun february weekend, part three (the 3-day one)

Prepare for picture overload, you are welcome.

This weekend was a lot of fun (until Monday night and the sickness!) and very full. On Saturday we met Pat and GG at Linvilla Orchards for their raptor program. We missed getting pictures of the first bird, a hawk, but the second was this gorgeous barn owl.

I adore owls lately... on my clothes, my jewelry, and in person.

(He wasn't actually surly... lol.)

After that we headed to the Orchard's bakery and picked up some pies, apple cider donuts, and apple cider which we enjoyed at some of their indoor tables since the wind was crazy. We also enjoyed their orchid exhibit.

I also picked up an acorn squash at Linvilla, which I decided to cook for dinner on Sunday night... this was following a busy day getting Gwen's 1 year photos done, and some errands at ::gulp:: the mall. Gwen wanted to help, so up she went in the wrap.

And together we made this:

I can't even tell you how delish this is!!

Got my recipe here: McMama's Squash.  I can't remember exactly what I changed, so I'll give you my approximate recipe too:

Halve acorn squash and clean out seeds.
Melt 1/3 - 1/4 a stick of butter, mix with ~1 Tbsp brown sugar.
Spread butter/b sugar mixture over inside and cut edge of squash.
Sprinkle with pepper and coarse salt.
Roast at 350* for ~ 1 hour, until fork tender.

Meanwhile, chop up 3 slices of bacon and saute until done.
Remove from pan, but leave drippings.
Add 1/4 of an onion and saute until translucent.
Add 2 cubed chicken breasts, sprinkle with pepper, and cook until done.
Re-add bacon and stir.

Put acorn squash on a plate or in bowl and fill with chicken/bacon/onion mixture.

Seriously, make this. I wasn't even sure that i would like acorn squash, but it is sweet and savory and hearty and wonderful. Even Trav liked it.  :-)

Monday Gwen had her 1-year appointment. She gained well in the past week (4 oz.), and is tall (58%), but they still want to watch her weight. So we go in again in a month.

At lunch we headed over to see Deb and the boys. They are getting so big!!

These heads of hair are just ridiculous and adorable. It was a great afternoon.

I also got one quick video of Gwen dancing.. I love her little butt shake.

That night I started feeling a little nauseous and just off around dinner. I put Gwen to bed and decided to go to bed early myself, hoping that some extra sleep would clear me up. Well, that didn't happen... I was up 20 minutes later running for the toilet, and every 40 minutes after that for the first half of the night. I was puking, um, etc... until about 1 or 2, when I started getting about and hour plus between wakings. Trav was great and took over Gwen duty, actually sleeping in her room so we could all get better rest.

Tuesday morning I felt like death. Weak, exhausted, still nauseous, dehydrated, and my whole body hurt (from the full body heaves). Obviously I stayed home. I slept four hours in the morning and another hour in the afternoon. I also spent a lot of time just laying in bed and relaxing or reading. If I didn't feel like ass, it would have been a great day! Lol.

Today I'm feeling better, though still tired and a bit weak. I'm trying to take it easy on myself, drink lots of water, and get some extra calories. Hopefully I'll be back up to snuff soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!
~ Meegs