cape cod 2009

Did I say I would be back on Tuesday? I meant to... but wow does the first week back from vacation get busy. Work is busy, and I've been trying to get my body back into the swing of 6.5 - 7.5 hours of sleep a night, when it had easily fallen into the 10 hours I was getting at the Cape.

But! Here I am, with pictures and a recap.
First off, the drive up there... Daisy was an angel. We weren't sure how she was going to handle it seeing as this would be her longest drive by (what turned out to be) a good 6 hours! She was great though... she settled in quickly, and other then the stops we made (about every two hours so she could pee and we could get her some water), she basically snoozed on my legs for most of the way up. We didn't arrive until late, so I was in bed pretty quickly after our arrival... but we were there and that was all that mattered.

I'm not going to go day-by-day, but I will say that the first Saturday I didn't even take my PJs off. :-) Throughout the week we managed to keep it leisurely, but still do everything we wanted to do on our vacation. We ate at Baxter's (best clam chowder ever) twice, had our lobster dinner, went to a summer league baseball game, walked in Hyannis, went to the penny candy store, boated, Trav swam almost daily, and I read a crapload. We also went to the Cape Cod potato chip factory, ate out with the whole fam, and went to see the Harry Potter movie (woot!)! Daisy got tons of attention from everyone, multiple walks a day, and spent the majority of her time outside. She also got to go swimming for the first time, and loved it. She ended up swimming with Trav almost everyday... and that brings me to just a few of my pictures:

It took some work, but we got her comfortable enough to jump off the dock!

Our little water-baby:

Swimming is hard work... so afterwards we liked to lie in the sun and snooze:

Lobster dinner night! Meeting a new creature for the first time.

She wasn't so sure about it.

We also walked along the ocean at sunset.

Just a pretty pic Trav took of their dock and little sailboat.

It's always sad to come home, but the trip itself was fine. Daisy was a rock-star again, and I can't even tell you how lucky I feel to have such a great dog.

And now we're back into the swing of things!

Hopefully Trav's parents will send us some pictures in the next few days... they took some of Trav in the sailboat and me in the kayak that I'd love to share if they turned out.

But for now... I'm getting back to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!
~ Meegs