busy, full, happy, sad weekend

It was quite the whirlwind weekend, a very fitting end to the whirlwind that was last week. It involved a bit of this:

And some of this:

Saturday our neighbor Joe kept an eye on the pups for us, while Trav headed to volunteer at a charity event in Delaware with a few of his coworkers. Gwen and I headed up to my parents' place for a hair appt. While there we had the chance to walk up the hill to my parents' neighbor's house and meet there animals.

There were alpacas (about 6 adults and 3 babies!):

Horses (3 of them):

This guy was huge, about 16.4 hands!
And a few coops worth of chickens:

The horses and alpacas were super friendly, and loved being petted.

It was a great day at my parents, and so relaxing just sitting on the porch with a cool breeze and a cold drink.

We headed home, with Gwen falling asleep about halfway home. I carried her into the house, lay her on a chair, and she proceeded to sleep for almost another hour. It was late for a nap, and even that hour and a half + wasn't enough, so she was having a cranky time when I woke her up. I tried to help her wake up and cheer up with a popsickle...

but it wasn't enough.  :-(  It was getting late though, so I asked her what I could do to make dinner and this was our compromise:

Sleepy snuggles, while Mama cooks.

We finished our late dinner, and I got her to bed, then enjoyed one last night of some other sleepy snuggles:

Sunday Trav got up with Gwen while I caught up on some sleep (slept until 10am!!). They headed to the grocery store, and played. When I woke up, it was with a start, since Mongo (now Titus!)'s hopefully new family was coming by for a meet and greet at 10:30. Gwen played while I got ready, only interrupting me to ask me to help her put on her baby carrier.  :-)  I guess our snuggles the night before had inspired her.

The family came over with their dog and daughter to meet Mongo (Titus), and it went perfectly. They ran all over the yard together, played together, then flopped down in the shade together. They were a great match, so Mongo (Titus) went home with them.

It was a little bittersweet. It was the right thing to find him a new home. I don't have the days to take off with him the way I took off with Daisy at the beginning, nor do we have the extra resources to be hiring a dog walker. He needs lots of attention right now. But I was still sad. He was just such a doll, and we adored him. Thankfully his new family does too, and he's settling right in.

After that it was time for all the chores that I hadn't gotten done for the past week and a half. Vacuuming, cleaning, stripping and remaking all the beds, putting away 3 baskets of laundry, washing 3 more and putting those away too.

Then it was time for tennis, and some playing at Mr. Joe's house.

He has a great sandbox.

And a motorcycle!

We're lucky to have such amazing neighbors.

It was early to bed for Gwen last night, and we all slept very well. This morning it was great to ease back into the week with an easy morning, since Trav has the day off. Plus, with no puppy, it was very easy and we had our regular routine again.

Trav and Gwen came into the city today for a lunch in the park with Tally and I. It was a great way to break up the day, and a makes for a pretty nice Monday!

Now, back to work! Hope your weekends were full and wonderful as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!
~ Meegs