- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour plus 1 Tbsp.
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup unsweetened flaked/string coconut, divided
- 1/2 Tbsp water
1. Preheat oven to 400°. Spray mini muffin tin* with non-stick spray.
2. Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
3. Whisk together bananas, butter, coconut oil, sugar, honey, egg, vanilla, water, and 1/2 cup coconut in a large bowl until combined well, then fold in flour mixture until flour is just moistened.
|It helps to have a cute mixing partner.|
4. Divide batter among mini muffin cups and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup coconut.
5. Bake until muffins are puffed and golden, and toothpick comes out clean, about 6-10 minutes.
6. Transfer muffins to a rack and cool slightly.
These are so yummy and made my house smell amazing. I'm so glad that I found some great high altitude adjustments.
If you make them, let me know what you think!
* Note: these can also be made as regular muffins, in which case you would want to increase the baking time to about 20-25 minutes. This makes 24 mini muffins, or I believe 8 full sized ones.