Tired, but happy.

Well, its Saturday night... not quite 9 o'clock, and I'm exhausted! But happy!

Lets start with yesterday, because it was the polar opposite of today. It was disgustingly moist... raining most of the day, windy, humidity out the wazoo... and chilly to boot. Work was actually nice. Five of my coworkers were out, so it was damn quiet! I got caught up on a bunch of work... and I got to run a few errands (I need to retitle my car, renew my registration, and change my name on both... I needed a little help figuring out the best order of attack... now I have a plan, thanks AAA!). Unfortunately after running my errands I got to spend the rest of the day feeling slightly damp. Not so pleasant (though I did get to leave early!), especially since I was finally starting to feel better from my cold, only to spend the day feeling uncomfortable anyway. Plus all this was on very little sleep, since once again I could not fall asleep... this time until about 2am.

Now today (watch out, being proud of myself to follow...). I woke up feeling refreshed! I had actually slept great! And it was sunny, warm, beautiful out! I was a happy happy girl... so I decided to make up for my week of sick/weather-induced sloth and head out for a nice long walk. I hit up the state park, even though Ro wasn't around to walk with me... and I brought my camera again. I got some even better pictures, and did 6.5 miles. I'll admit, I huffed and puffed a little at the beginning. Its amazing what a week of not walking and not being able to breathe through your nose will do to ya.

So here we go... a little tour. When you first get to the trail, you have to pick left or right, up or down.
I always pick left... up... its gradual at first, but right past was looks like the peak there... well it turns a bit, and gets steeper and it goes on for over a mile. Hence the huffing and puffing.

But it does get the hill out of the way!

These honeysuckles are everywhere... and they smell so damn nice!

Once you've gone around the far side of the trail, then you start back towards the beginning, but this time you are running along the creek... which is a really nice place to walk. You can listen to the water and sometime see some animals there. First it starts off small...
Then it veers away from the path for a little, and when it comes back its been joined by a few more little streams/creeks and looks like this:

A little different, huh? Especially now, after all that rain. It is a big creek... and full. (And honestly, at the moment, muddy... but still beautiful!)
And remember the waterfall I showed you before?

Well, this is it now:

Also a little bigger! I took a little video of it too... its so loud!

Once you get to the waterfall, you are done! The little, gravel parking lot is just past that and off you go.

On the way home I stopped for a Baptism card for Trav's cousin's son (tomorrow! pictures I'm sure!) and ended up also getting a hydration pack. Finally! It holds a 20 oz. bottle and has three little pockets where I'll be able to stick my keys, ID, and once I'm doing really long walks - some extra socks. I'm very excited to try it out.

Travis, in my absence, had been a chore machine (and he had Chinese food waiting for me... love him!)! He washed our sheets, mowed the lawn, vacuumed the upstairs, and cleaned the bathroom! What a guy. Our house definitely needed a spring cleaning, so it was great. I started on the downstairs before dinner... cleaning my way through the kitchen. After dinner, I decided to take advantage of the last of the nice day and did the gardening I've been wanting to do all week.
First I transplanted two of the flowers in the front bed over a foot or two, so they were even with the two on the other side. Then I took the one in the middle out and transplanted it to the backyard. Finally I planted my currently tiny (but hopefully soon to be flourishing) azalea in the middle of the front flower bed. I'm really happy with how it turned out.

Before (flowers, beautiful, but haphazardly/unevenly planted):

And here's my little flower transplanted to the back:

Obviously I left lots of room for my little azalea to grow, but I'm really pleased with it. Tomorrow Trav and I are going to stop at the home depot and get some mulch... and hopefully a new "border" to go around the bed. After all is said and done, I've done more gardening this week then I have the rest of my life put together! And I still have mulch to put down, a border to replace... and the next time I head to my parents, a yucca plant to put in the back yard!!

So now its the end of the day and I am tired, but oh so happy. :-)

Now I'm off to play some Wii with Trav, then hit the hay. Hope you are all enjoying your weekends as much as I am!


  1. Hi, I just wandered into your blog while browsing and wow, that must have been some cut!

  2. Kathy,
    Thanks for the comment. Yeah, it was a doozy of a cut... but the doc said it should heal up fine as long as he takes care of it.

    You, by the by, have a beautiful family!!

    Best! And welcome!


Leave me some love!
~ Meegs